Sunday, April 21, 2013

LILLIPUT




It has always been one of my favorite novels ‘Gulliver’s’ travels’. I devoured the stories in it especially the one about the little people ‘the Lilliputians’. It was a journey to a different world. I always tried imagining what I would have done if I was Gulliver. I am borrowing the term for a different expression here but not far off from its origin. It is amazing the things we think that are best for us without even stopping to consider the reasons why we feel such things are best. Most women, infact every woman has the fantasy of a tall, dark, and handsome, prince charming, possibly add rich, who falls in love with her on sight and they live happily ever after.
  Why tall, why not short? That is why most people never have good relationships because they are there for all the wrong reasons entirely. They go into it because of the physical appearance. Does the physical appearance portray what is inside? Yes, agreed, you have to like the outward appearance a bit before getting to know the person. Doesn’t love grow anymore?
  If you ask most women their criteria for a man, the first thing on the list is tall. This to me is very bad. I thought one was meant to look for those in built characters that complement us. People keep looking for the wrong packages and not the right ones.
  I decided to go do some research and hear what people had to say. Therefore, I met Temi, a student, she says her guy must be tall, she cannot imagine dating a minus size or short guy. That she will be ashamed to introduce the guy to people as her boyfriend.
Onose, said it was over her dead body, that so if the guy wants to kiss her she’ll kneel down for him, that it’s not the way it’s meant to be, it is not romantic at all and she cannot imagine it happening to her. I got that same reply from all the women I asked.
 One, Lynda, even said that her mom would kick against it seriously and would never let her marry such a guy, that their kids might carry their father’s stunted growth and she wants tall kids.
  What about those guys and women of average height and below are they not meant to be loved too or are they not capable of loving? The first quality any reasonable woman should be looking for in a guy is for a guy who loves her, understanding, compatability, trust and friendship. Things that will last and be there even after you have both grown old and ugly. However, no, we are all looking for a Denzel Washington and RMD to come sweep us off our feet.
These fine, tall brothers are also aware of how they look, if I may remind you, so don’t think the height necessarily ensures you all the good things he can also share elsewhere. What I am saying is do not look on the outside but on the inside. Nobody is perfect and compatible to just anybody. why stay there for all the wrong reasons when there’s someone willing to offer it but you refuse it because say you dey wait for prince charming. No wonder most women get married late, some never do because they’ve painted a picture of the kind of package they want on the outside, and the result is heartbreak. So ladies do keep an open mind and go for the right qualities, I beg you.
Not only the women have a hand abi share in this height debacle, the guys do too.Tunde, an Engineer says,

 'no, I can’t oh, for what? I can’t introduce her as my girlfriend but if it’s for me to collect my 10% (just have sex), I won’t mind at all'
 Henry, a student told me that there are many fishes in the ocean why that one, when I asked him, what of a girl taller than you are? He also said that he could never date a girl taller than he is. So brother, who are you going to date?
  Through this I noticed that average guys like tall girls and very tall guys; do not like girls taller than they are or of same height. So really does the height of a person matter really, shouldn’t it be an inside thing. If you are ok with the inside, why worry about the outside because in the end, it is the inside that matters.  Therefore, what do you want in your package?

5 comments:

  1. Hiya Frances, nice one. I believe a person's personality really matters a lot in life.I have seen people choose their spouse and happily married because of what they saw beyond the physical apperance and chose the heart. I'm not saying physical apperance doesn't matter.....it does....everyone has a choice.most importantly,seek God and Tell you to give you who He has designed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tobe, you are so right, Personality is key.Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts on the matter. Cheers dear!

      Delete
  2. Nice thoughts as always.
    Me thinks you should add the Fb widget so followers can log in and post from Fb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SmS. There is a facebook, blogger, twitter and google plus widget directly below the posts for sharing but will add another . Thank you so much for reading and for your advice. Cheers Mike!

      Delete
    2. You welcome sis.
      keep up the good work.

      Delete

Drop your thoughts here.